In traditional data sharing scenarios, the administrator provides full access permission of the data folder to every user in order to access data from Tally.ERP 9 server, which may result in unauthorised data handling and pose security threats or disruption of work.
Tally.Server 9 provides improved data security by ensuring authorised data access and data handling operations by the users.
Now with Tally.Server 9, the administrator can have much better control over user's access of data. All the data access requests are purely routed through Tally.Server 9 and the user(s) do not have direct access to Data folder, which provides an additional layer of security for the data.
Tally.Server 9 allows the administrator to provide partial access to the data folder to users, hide data path from the users and authorise users to perform selective data handling operations like backup, restore etc These features ensure improved data security and handling.
- All the data access requests are purely routed through Tally.Server 9
- Allows the administrator to provide partial access to the data folder to users
- Provides configurations to hide data path from the users and specify backup /restore operations.
- Allows users to access shared data by just typing the server name without need to remember the location of the data in the server
- Backup / Restores operations can be performed through the Tally Interface i.e., Admin Console.
- Ensures much better control over user’s access of data.
- Provides additional layer of security for the data by allowing configuration to hide the data path from users
- Authorises users to perform specific data handling operations like backup, restore etc.
In the current scenario, the Backup and Restore operations can be performed by almost all users irrespective of their security level or type.