In a multi -user environment, as the number of users grow, the application becomes unstable or hangs. This is due to the fact that the data request in a shared system is serviced sequentially i.e., when one user is posting data, all the other users must wait for the task to get completed.
During data entry if another user triggers a data intensive report which takes time to load, the other user who is doing data entry will be stuck till the report is retrieved completely. This hinders the system performance and results in hang in few scenarios.
Tally.Server 9 allows simultaneous read and write and hence none of the users in the network will ever face performance issues while other users can keep generating and checking the required reports from the system.
- Multiple users will be able to ‘Read + Read’ and ‘Read + Write’ simultaneously.
- Update the data while others are viewing reports, loading companies, etc.
- Processes all data requests in parallel i.e. all concurrent users are able to load the company at the same time.
- Allows the Backup Operations to be performed anytime.
- For all users the company will be loaded within acceptable time limit unlike shared environment where request for loading the company is queued up and takes a very long time.
- Operate smoothly without interruptions/blockades throughout the day.
- Significantly increases the productivity and business performance
In larger organizations, many users login into Tally to load the company in the morning around the same time. The system queues up all such requests and processes them in serial as a result based on the number of users and the time taken to load the company in a single machine, the total time gets multiplied. So if there are 10 users and it takes 5 minutes to load a company with large data, the first user can pass his transaction only after 50 minutes.